Skype Technologies – 21.89MB (Freeware)
Additionally it doesn’t just work on Windows. Skype is also for Mac OS X, Linux and PDAs using Pocket PC, with a native look and feel for each platform. Talking, sending instant messages or even file transfers work between different platforms like a charm.
- Skype calling – Skype has all the features of an ordinary phone so it’s even easier to manage your calls.
- Video calling – see who you are talking to at the same time as speaking to them.
- Add Skype and SkypeOut contacts – Add contacts who use Skype and those who use ordinary phones so you can call more people.
- Organising groups – group contacts under certain names and share them with your contacts so they can talk to them too.
- Basic chat and emoticons – when it’s not convenient to call, chat or Instant Message (IM) your contacts.
- Group chat – for when it’s easier to chat or Instant Message (IM) all your friends at once.
- Profile settings – change how you appear to the world and let people know a bit about you.
- Conference calling – talk to more than one friend at a time.
- Import contacts – search your address book to find friends and family that already have a Skype name and start calling them for free.
- View Outlook contacts – view and call your Microsoft Outlook® contacts quickly and directly from your Skype contact list.
- Quickfilter and Speed-Dial – find Skype contacts, recent chats and SkypeOut contacts quickly and easily, then enter their Skype name to call them back quickly.